Friday, February 5, 2010

February 4

I learned from my host that Baxter Black lives in the Benson area. Also yesterday I visited the rather famous Singing Winds Bookstore. The store, with no sign is at the end of a dirt road a few miles out of town, in a ranch (real ranch that is) house. On the wall was an article from a few years back from the Wall Street Journal noticing this quaint business. Amazingly they have about 18,000 titles - a real bookstore. I went because they are known to have one of the best assortments of books about Apaches. They don’t take credit cards. They are notably well informed and very friendly. And they are on the same road as the Dead Dog Ranch.

I guess these things balance out, and maybe Benson is an okay place.

February 4

The other shoe: My drive around and through the Dragoons was a great success. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment